Sedation Dentistry MN
Anxiety-Free Dentist Visits
If you would rather endure the pain of a toothache then go to the dentists, sedation dentistry is most likely for you. Unfortunately, fear of the dentist leads to oral neglect and the issue you’re having will just continue to get worse, leading to more extensive dental work. Even missing preventative checkups can lead to more issues, which is why Minnetonka Dental has come up with and perfected multiple solutions for people, of all ages, who feel anxiety and dread towards any reason to visit the dentist.
How Sedation Dentistry Can Help:
- Relax those who fear dental treatments
- Ease stress for those who’ve experienced past traumatic dental experiences
- Provide assurance for patients who have trouble getting numb
- Anyone with sensitive teeth
- Useful when complex dental issues need to be corrected
Don’t let your fears of the dentist extend your problems, if you neglect your teeth they will disappear. Minnetonka Dental offers sedation dentistry so that your oral problems can soon be in the past. Don’t have unperformed dental services hinder your smile. We can offer you different options depending on your exact dental and personal needs.
Our dental office offers FREE sedation consults, call us and we can give you more information or answer any questions. When discussing or considering sedation dentistry it’s vitally important that you disclose any and all medications and any known allergies and the reactions you’ve experienced. With the correct information provided to us we can let you know if you are a candidate for one or all of our sedation dental services.
Sedation Dentistry – Is it right for you?
Minnetonka Dental wants you to experience a positive dental visit, regardless if it’s just a cleaning or when oral treatment has to be completed. Our clinic has invested in the latest technology and our doctors have the required certifications, as well as many years of experience; which allows us to provide safe and effective alternative treatments that relieve the nervousness and anxiety related to your specific dental appointment.
Our dental clinic offers multiple ways to allow you to relax. From deep and immediate sedation to minimal sedation – we offer two basic sedation levels that can be used with 14 different procedures.
Our Two Methods of Sedation:
- Inhalation Conscious Sedation – This form is the most common type of sedation, also known as “laughing gas”. Our dentists place a mask over your nose that releases Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation, breathing in this gas will allow you to relax and your doctor is able to control the amount you receive. You’re able to breathe on your own and some might drift off to sleep. This form of sedation has been used by dentists for many years, the effects wear off quickly, which allows you to be able to drive yourself home after the procedure.
- Enteral Conscious Sedation – This sedation method is given orally and requires only needing to consume a pill before your dental appointment. Body functions are normal, you’ll become drowsy, maybe drift off to sleep but it is possible to still be awake. Because this is administered prior to the dental work being started and it’s in a pill form this method delivers a different level of sedation for each patient and is not as predictable as other forms.
For more information about our sedation methods, or to schedule your appointment, call Minnetonka Dental today at 952-474-7057; relax while we do all the work!